Thursday 26 May 2016

Dream - A Poem

       " To Tommy, My Dear And Dearest Friend."

DREAM

When half of the world was sleeping,
And the other half still in the fields reaping,
I lay awake in my bed weeping
Still waiting for the sleep Fairy's blessing.
Then at some point of the night
A gentle wind carried your thoughts to my bed
And the precious sleep came to me without a fight.
I saw your face in the dim light,
You were holding my hands so tight,
Giving me the strength to walk upright
And your smile did send all my worries to flight.
We walked long miles,
Roads through woods and wilds
You picked up daisies and lilies
And showered me with smiles.
Then I saw a river flow
Salmon's swimming below,
A flute was playing from somewhere above,
Where the hills kissed the lovely rainbow,
But when I turned I only saw
A bunch of red roses where you stood a moment ago!

Clouds grew dark and the thunder roared
The trees flew up and fell on the ground.
Lightning struck and fields all burned
But I stood there knowing not where you could be found.
I called out loud and for hours oh! I cried,
But you were gone and my world just died!

Then I opened my eyes, I was in pain
Panting and gasping for air in vane.
And now I lay sleepless ,my nerves did strain
Hoping to meet you in another dream once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment